Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Morning Brunch

Sunday morning brunch with the girls
It is our once-a-month therapy
Supposed 2 bring one dish - I always bring 3
Step 1 to my therapy, for sure

Most Sundays before - we didn't talk about our real lives
Too busy talking about our grief....sadness....empty hearts
But then Baby Tobey arrived and we found affirmation
Now our mornings are filled with bottles and diapers & smiles

The news, bad dates, new jobs, everything...we share it all
Today we even cleaned the poolCommon threads found and laughed about
Weaving our lives together over mimosas and french toast

2day I wasn't ready to leave when it was time to say goodbye
I wanted to linger longer....keep laughing and waste the day away
I came home renewed...as if my spirit had received a shot of adrenaline
Those girls (and that little man), I tell ya, good for my soul!

No comments: